This month marks a year that we have been home with Abraham. A year that has gone by so quickly.
A month after we returned, we began early intervention services. Abraham was delayed across the board, but we chose to only pursue physical therapy, partly out of a sense of overwhelmedness, and partly out of the (perhaps naïve) belief that most of his needs would reconcile themselves with time and love.
This week, he had a reevaluation. Abraham is at or above age level in every area of development. He is disqualified for further services. And that is a thing to be celebrated.
The reason I love recounting the healing that has happened in Abraham’s body and spirit is that it reminds me of the gospel. It brings healing to our deepest ailments. It frees us from our destiny. It defies logic and works miracles. It is LIFE.
And I love that God has used this word, disqualified, for my benefit. God has said that my own disqualification is something rejoice in. He’s said that Christ’s righteousness is my only garment, and that it is more than enough to cover me.
So once again, I will rejoice in weaknesses...and I will praise the Lord who forgives iniquities, who heals diseases, who redeems life from the pit, who crowns us with love and mercy and satisfies us with good so that our youth is renewed like the eagle's.

9 comments:
that is awesome! what a wonderful time to rejoice!
Oh my goodness, your sweet Abe has GROWN!!! What a miracle indeed. Celebrating our year home and remembering our time together with fondness.
Amen and AMEN!
I love it. I can't believe he's been home a year!
Love it!!!! We have been home with our Khari for 9 months and we are praying to be disqualified from our early intervention services at our 1 year mark as well! Praises to God through whom all blessings flow!
He is such a little man!!! Love this and seeing how God is a God of healing and LOVE!
Abraham is darling and growing so much!! Praising God that he has "disqualified". Praying for a day when we can say the same!!
Hugs and Happy One Year!
Can you get into my blog?! Do you want an invite if not?
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! He is totally disqualified! What a miracle and blessing. He is absolutely, drop dead beautiful! I miss you.
We've heard that same word for our children, and we rejoice with you in it! Praise the Lord for the works he is doing in your precious little guy's life.
Post a Comment