We made it into Lubbock last night around 11 pm. Fortunately everything went pretty smoothly. We tried to make good time since we got out yesterday later than we'd anticipated. The one thing we haven't figured out is how to run the generator when we're driving. This only affects the TV, which isn't a huge deal, but at some point we'd like to be able to play a movie while we drive.
I (AR) had an unwelcome visit from my childhood friend, motion sickness, around 7pm. It seems all of the up and down, changing diapers and fixing food messes with my equilibrium in a bad way. Today I'll be more careful about that. I told Adam I'm still getting my sea legs.
Abraham and Matea had a bit of trouble going back to sleep after we pulled into the campsite. The Putumayo Dreamland CD piped through the coach quickly remedied that. This morning, the kids have been writing in their journals, enjoying new books, and recapping yesterday's results from the license plate game (thanks to our friend Ian for introducing us to this game).
God provided in a big way this morning. While I was getting Matea dressed, I pulled her up by her arms and heard a "pop." Her elbow dislocated. She was in pain. After confirming her elbow was dislocated, we prayed and then maneuvered it back into place the way the ER doctor showed us in September when this happened. Sure enough, as I twisted and straightened her arm, I heard another "pop," and then she was fine. Thank you Lord! That inconvenient dislocated elbow back in September was God's goodness to us. Through that, we knew how to recognize a dislocated joint and how to maneuver it back into place. Imagine if this had been the first time and we were stuck trying to find an urgent care or ER in the middle of nowhere.
QUOTES OF THE DAY:
"Texas is the 2nd hugest state in the whole world!" -Isaac
"Mom, can I have another penguin?" -Matea (She keeps confusing the word "mango" and "penguin")
"Don't you just love road trips?!" -Samuel
It's 8:30 a.m. The kids have been up for 2 hours. Coffee sounds great, but I forgot the milk at home, and I can't decide if black coffee would be worth it or not. Over and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment