Friday, May 09, 2008

MAY!

So much to catch up on! This month is crazy busy for all of us! And oh my, it's getting hot! It could be that it just feels hotter to my hugely pregnant, hormonal body - either way, I've been using our air conditioner more than usual lately.


This week, we've had Samuel's birthday celebrations, our family interview at Veritas, parent teacher conferences at school, an open house, prenatal appointment (stats at the end), and an unbelievably cranky teething toddler.


This is our month of travel! This weekend we are making the 3 1/2 hour drive out to Abilene ("The Friendly Frontier!") for my brother's graduation. We're so pround of you, Shesh! And we will wholeheartedly celebrate the day you and Nicole decide to move out of the friendly frontier! 5 years in Abilene can't be good for anyone! :)


Next week Adam is leaving to attend our best friends' graduation from law school at University of Oregon (and I make that plural because Missi put a lot into that endeavor too!). Immediately afterward is I.C.S.C. (International Convention of Shopping Centers? I hope I got that right), so he is flying directly from Eugene to Las Vegas to attend the convention. He'll be gone a week. I wish we could all be there to celebrate with you, Wilsons! John, we're all so proud of you!


Adam did not like the thought of me home alone with the boys for so long, so he insisted that the rest of us take off for Florida that week. So, when he leaves for Eugene, I'll be packing up the three little pickles and taking a non-stop (yes!!!) flight to Jacksonville Beach.


Several days after we all return, Adam and I are going to relive the recently rediscovered idea of time alone, but this time in Cancun. I, for one, am soooo excited! Not only is this where we had our honeymoon, but we got an incredible deal with a new airline here in Austin. We decided to take advantage of an inexpensive weekend away. On top of that, it's only about a 2 or so hour flight from here to Cancun!


And that's what's going on with us!


OK, here are the most recent pregnancy stats:


30 WEEK APPOINTMENT
Isaac
my weight gain to date: 22 lbs
fetal heart rate: 140's
blood pressure: 140/78
New Baby
my weight gain to date: 21 lbs
fetal heart rate: 150's
blood pressure: 102/64


Not much change this time! I scheduled this appointment with the other midwife in the practice, and I really enjoyed her. I feel confident knowing that I will feel safe and sound regardless of which midwife attends my birth (my due date falls in the middle of their alternating summer vacation plans).

photo courtesy of Samuel Caleb Zimel

No comments: