Super sweet, smelly & sensitive
Amazingly athletic
Understanding
Eight years old!
Long lustrous locks
Samuel is an incredible boy. Not that I'm biased or anything. Life with anyone isn't always smooth sailing, but that's life! I am constantly amazed at the boy that Samuel is becoming, and to me it only points to the grace of God in our lives. He took the two of us, as unprepared for the task of parenting as we were, threw this little boy into our midst and has graciously held our hands through it. What a blessing this road has been.
Things about Samuel...Samuel is a great athlete. Samuel also has a great mind for numbers. This evening he stayed up late because he was so immersed in the task of coming up with 20 ways to make 20. And I'm not talking 19+1=20 types of equations, either. Checking his work made my head spin! He also loves science. Anything about science. He is a thinker. I love that about him. He doesn't take anything for granted.
Spiritually, which is of greatest importance to Adam and me, we see in Samuel emerging gifts of wisdom and discernment. He also possesses great compassion. These are the traits that we hope to nurture in him as he grows.
In his own words...these are writing samples that Samuel's teacher shared with me. I think it's interesting to gain perspective into how he views himself and his world.
"When I grow up I want to be in the NFL because I think I'm good at football. I think if I was in the NFL I would be a running back, because I'm really fast, and I juke people out, and I've always WANTED to be on the team Eagles or be in the army because I've always wanted to help other people and I'll make them lagh when sad times are going."
"Dah dah duh! Get ready get set for my family! My family is fast. My family is athledek. Most of my family is realy nice. My brother is mean! My family is helthee. My dad is nice beacuse he jumps on the trampling with me. Every thursday we go to Star Bucks. We can always make a time to play or do something together. I always help my dad. And we play football and games. My mom is specil because we do stuf like dates, playing games like yatzee. Last time I played yatzee I got three yatzees. It was cool. My brother is specil because he is cute. He does funny things like bosing people around. It is really funny. His favorite song is we will we will rock you, and that's it."
2 comments:
Hey Clan,
I can't believe that Sam is 8. I am so happy to see you as a good dad Adam, and I know you will do well, cause Jill was a great influence for you, as my mom was for me. Good moms create great sons to be good fathers and husbands. That's why I know that your sons will be the same way, cause I know Amber Rose is a good mom. I hope to hear from you soon, because I miss my cousin a lot. Take Care.
Love,
Greg
nice acrostic...and I LOVE the t-shirt!
Post a Comment