Monday, April 28, 2008

Birthday Reading

It dawned on me a couple of days ago that it's almost birthday time around here. Our boys have May, June and July birthdays (soon to be two in July!), so I always think of this time of year as "birthday season."

And you know what birthday season means? Time to buy books! My favorite child development series is by Louise Bates Ames. I love these books. They are concise, thorough, and unbelievably accurate. She's like a wise grandmother giving you solid, old-school strategies that apply across the board. Browsing through the titles in my Amazon order, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that this year's titles include, "Your Four-Year-Old: Wild and Wonderful," and, "Your Eight-Year-Old: Lively and Outgoing." Quite an improvement on last year's subtitles, "Friend or Enemy," and, "Life in a Minor Key."

For anyone else looking for a great, quick read on how to wrap your mind around your child's world, check out this series!

No comments: