Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snacking

I thought I'd mix things up a little around here and post a recipe that my kids have been loving. We fly through them. I think I started making this after I had really yummy carrot muffins at Annie's once. Several days ago the boys and I spent a couple of hours together grating and mixing and baking so that we could put several loaves in the freezer for lazy days. I love that.

These were originally muffins, but for some reason my kids eat them better if I bake it into a loaf. So, eyeball the cooking time!

2 c grated carrots
1 apple, grated
1 c raw dried unsweetend coconut
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 olive oil
1 1/4 c raw sugar
2 c w/w flour
1/4 c greenzone (opt.)
1/2 c chopped nuts (opt.)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt

Mix wet ingredients, mix dry ingrdients; combine. Pour into greased muffin tins or loaf pans. Bake at 350* for 20-25 min (for muffins - longer for bread).

No comments: