Friday, May 25, 2007

What a man!

I came home from Florida to this beautiful surprise outside my kitchen. It came out so well - Adam even put in a huge 18 x 8 raised garden bed behind the 3 that I built with the boys a couple of months ago. So now I have LOTS of room to fill. In the three smaller beds, we currently have planted: sunflowers, yellow squash, tomatoes of all sorts, basil, dill, parsley, oregano, canteloupe, zucchini, spinach, broccoli, carrots, feverfew, rue, mexican mint tarragon, borage, mullein, pineapple sage, licorice, yellow dock, comfrey, blue vervain, roman chamomile, calendula....and for trees, we have a celeste fig, a peach and my beloved black walnut dug up from our house in Tigard (thanks to help from Annie & Travis). Now I just have to hope and pray that most of these plants survive my learning curve! I have yet to develop my green thumb! I love the look of everything. I still don't have my composting bin, but my clothesline is up, I've got a nice place to sit and read out there and it feels lush and alive with the plants in bloom. Adam's work last weekend has truly made the space feel like it's mine.



After I took the picture, we put down some creeping rosemary as a ground cover that will eventually fill in between the stone pavers.


This is what it looked like before:


No comments: