Wednesday, January 17, 2007

All About Elijah

Elijah enjoys his pau d'arco tea at the kitchen counter
Doing an art project with Samuel
Elijah's bedroom
We think Elijah's liking Texas pretty well. He talks about "Austin" a lot. In fact, on the plane on the way over here in December, he overheard me talking to someone next to me about our move. He said, "Mom, we going to Austin?" I said that yes, we were, and he thought a minute and said, "Do they have Starbucks there?" He also talks about Home Depot quite a bit (I guess that's because we've been spending so much time there)!
Since the past several days have been cold, Elijah's been spending alot of time in the playroom, where he enjoys hitting off of his t-ball set, playing in a tent the Wilsons gave the boys for Christmas (which he affectionately refers to as "playhouse Disney") and drawing pictures (hopefully on the paper and not himself or the carpet). He also really REALLY loves jumping off of things. Anything. I can't believe how high of a drop this kid can handle. We have stairs in the living room, and he and Samuel both like to have contests to see if they can beat their previous records.
At last weigh-in Elijah was 28 pounds. At the moment I'm not sure how tall he is. Potty-training has been hit-and-miss. Some days he does really well; others, not so well.
Some of our favorite recent quotes from Elijah:
"You don't know the power....of the dark side." (Samuel has a Darth Vader costume that says this).
"This is amazing."
"Can I put on some pajammies?"
(After I said, "This is 'E' for Eeeelijah.") "And for Eeeeemommy."

1 comment:

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

Fun! Cade & Elijah have the same bed! :)