This blog has been in need of an update for many days! There are no pictures to post, but on Thursday we rolled into Round Rock, TX, which is a city just north of Austin, where my grandparents and aunt and uncle live.
We got to go to Whole Foods, which has either its headquarters or its first store (or maybe both - I'm not sure which, but it's big!) in Austin. We also got to catch Jerry Seinfeld on Friday night. Wilsons, if you're reading this, remember how he was in Eugene when we were visiting you? I think he's following us. That was a really fun way to break ourselves into the world of stand-up comedy. Adam and Samuel caught a UT game on Saturday night. (Jonathan and Paige - can we still be friends?) Aunt Mira bought them the burnt orange Longhorns t-shirts that you see so much of out here. They won, which always makes for a more exciting experience.
We really love this city. I think it must be one of the few places in Texas where you can be a Texan and still feel pretty hip.
QUOTES OF THE DAY:
"Brown Bear is broken. Can we fix it with duct tape?" - Elijah, picking up on Samuel's obsession. The male fixation with duct tape begins so young!
"I wish I could live at Uncle Paul and Aunt Mira's house forever." - Samuel (could this have anything to do with the pool, the cool gaming systems, or the presence of two fun teenage guys?)
"My Texas cowgirl." -Adam, pushing his fantasy that I may one day develop into a sweet gal with a southern drawl (it's a long way off).
"You can tell he's from the South! He knows his manners!" - Samuel, in response to hearing someone use "yes, ma'am," and "no ma'am."
"Mommy, lay down with me. Don't hug me. Don't kiss me. Just lay down here." -Elijah (our not-so-affectionate child).
"Should we stay for one more day?" -everyone, times a few.
No comments:
Post a Comment