Monday, October 30, 2006

Thoughts on NEW MEXICO!!

I want to share my impressions of this state. It's my first time in this part of the country, and things are just different here.

1) Wide Open Spaces. The Dixie Chicks must have been talking about New Mexico, because in between the major cities there is absolutely nothing for miles and miles, which leads me to:

2) The Desert Sky. There is nothing like it. I can't believe it's the same sky we see in Portland, OR. It's huge. The stars and the sunsets are amazing.

3) Dead Things For Sale. I don't think PETA exists out here, because I have seen more skins in the past couple of days than I ever have in my life.

4) Pickup Trucks. There's about an 8:1 ratio of pickup trucks (if you don't count RVs - there are alot of snowbirds here too) to any other type of vehicle. These folks love their trucks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always knew Adam loved singing the Dixie Chicks. Can I get a "HAAAAYYYYYY!!!!?"

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

Hi guys, I know you never tire of hearing how Cade has referenced you, so here's what he said today (from the backseat): "Last night Elijah went in his car...I mean his car-house...I ride in Lijah's car-house, mom." (He wishes - Poor kid probably imagines there's no time-out chair in your 'car-house'). :)

Anonymous said...

What's a PETA?

the Zimels said...

Mom, you should be ashamed of yourself living in the NW and not knowing what PETA is. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, or "the animal rights activists."