Friday, October 20, 2006

Los Angeles

We have arrived in LA and I am already glad that I do not live here. We arrived around 1PM and sat in traffic for 30 minutes or so. This as well as smog reminds me of how great the Pacific Northwest truly is to live in. We left Ventura this morning after a pancake breakfast from Aunt Becky and will be staying with Amber-Rose's grandmother.

We will be hanging in LA for the next day and a half and will head down to Legoland, which is near San Diego, on Sunday.

One quick observation on housing in Califonia is that it is still ridiculous. We toured through both Ventura and a small town called Ojia and had a chance to speak with Becky and her husband about these areas as they have a house in each town. The neighborhoods I saw in Ojia were very average. Many of the houses were built in the 1960's+ with average appearance though many had deferred maintenance. Housing prices for these type of finishes were $350-400/sf. At the beach, as expected, the inflated prices are even greater. The appearances were more attractive with most houses finished in stucco with nice landscaping. +/- 3 blocks from the beach will equate to $500/SF. So much for finding a starter home in this area.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When going to Lego Land, be sure to turn right when you enter the park. Most tourist go left and you will have to fight the crowds all day. All the cool rides are at the back of the park with the exception of the dino coaster - which you will hit last because you are going the opposite way of the crowds!

Dean

Anonymous said...

Adam, Amber-Rose & kids,

we will be in L.A. for seven hours on Saturday. I would love to see you if you aren't at Disneyland or somewhere else. I think Aunt Becky might bome to the airport and pick me up (i'm hoping).

I love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...once again the day is saved by Dean-o's quick thinking!