Samuel. Samuel is known as "Zam" to teachers and friends. I think it started because there were two Samuels in the class. So Sam + Zimel became the hybrid ZAM! He loves it.
He calls himself 11 years old. Really he has 3 more weeks of being a 10-year-old.
This is what a dresscode violation hair looks like:
Now imagine him flicking the bangs out of his eyes about every minute or so.
Yes, that dresscode violation was probably well-deserved.
Yes, that dresscode violation was probably well-deserved.
Luckily, the dreaded cut was sweetened by the fact that his entire group of friends was cited along with him for their long locks. They made a hair cutting party out of it, spending the afternoon together at the pool before going into Sports Clips together for a shoulder massage, hot towel treatment and hair cut.
Guy time. Memories. I love that he has a tight group of buddies.
Samuel's pretty proud of his (little) guns.
He's been diligently doing a 100 push up program with Adam.
He's been diligently doing a 100 push up program with Adam.
It is really hard to get Samuel to smile for a camera.
He is playing soccer, and liking it a lot. Although he's never really met a sport that he didn't like, come to think of it.
Samuel has had a hard year at school. It is a good feeling to approach the tail end of the school year. The light at the end of the tunnel. He survived. We survived. Thank you, Jesus.
It is an interesting thing to see our firstborn approaching the world of manhood. He is becoming less and less like a little boy, more and more like an adolescent.
The other day we had the dreaded conversation about motherly affection in public. This growing up thing is bittersweet.
But I love seeing him grow and change, even when it means pushing back and resisting. So we say, bring it.
He is a great kid.
Here is one of his favorite people, doing her cheesy camera-smile. Isn't she lovely? Samuel is wrapped around her finger.
He is a great kid.
Here is one of his favorite people, doing her cheesy camera-smile. Isn't she lovely? Samuel is wrapped around her finger.
I could go on about him, but since his birthday will soon upon us, I will save it.
I've got lots of love for this guy.
2 comments:
We've got lots of love for this guy also. Reading some of the thoughts you've included about Samuel rings very true with stuff that we are experiencing with Drew. What happened to the little boys that used to run around with Super Soakers up at your place in the daylight basement in southwest Portland (on Dolph St.?).
Seriously. They were so sweet when their world revolved around construction vehicles and they only knew about 50 words. :) I've got a great video of that Dolph St. memory I'll have to show you next time we're together.
Post a Comment