Tuesday, April 12, 2011

All About Abraham

It has been awhile since I've posted updates on the kids, mostly for the aunts and grandmas who read this. :) We'll start with A-Ham.

  He is growing and changing and melting our hearts with his sweet disposition.  He is almost 16 months.

He is clearly in a verbal phase, saying more words than I can keep track of.  New ones every day.  I love this stage!  We love talking to him and trying to get him to parrot us. 
He is getting stronger, and motoring around quite efficiently - either by crawling or by having someone hold his hands. 

His hair...his hair!  It is seeming to grow at an impossibly fast rate.  Some strands are several inches in length.  Unfortunately, the back area is either growing much slower, or is breaking off.  Very possibly could be the latter...I have been trying to find a good remedy for this.

Here he is in all his beachy glory.  Those big eyes and long lashes just melt my heart. I love this boy so much. 


There is almost nothing that Abraham loves more than books.  He is so gentle with them, gingerly turning the pages and pointing to the pictures.  His very favorite thing, though, is music.  He loves anything rhythmic, and will drop anything he's doing to clap and sway when he hears a beat, a rhyme or a song.  I love it. 

Another favorite is being outside.  He makes a beeline for the yard everytime the door is open , and has even learned to open the doors himself when they're unlocked.  I wonder if he'll love the outdoors as much in a couple of months when things start to really heat up. 

The food issues that we were dealing with seem to have been "fixed" for the moment, by increasing his caloric intake. I made the connection that he started reacting more strongly to food when we took away some of his bottle feedings around his first birthday. So back to the bottle it is! And so worth it to make him feel safe and secure!

No comments: