Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday - California!

Yesterday we left the Grand Canyon and had a long day of driving.  We knocked out the rest of Arizona and all of California.  Today we're on to the Redwoods forests in Northern California, where the trees are bigger than any we'll ever see in our life.  Having spent the last 4 years in Texas, where trees don't grow much taller than the houses, we are especially prepared to take in this wonder.

Since the kids woke up at 4:30 this morning (join me in my shock), we are hoping to get an early start!

CASUALTIES OF THE TRIP TO DATE:
-Matea's carseat (see diarrhea incident a couple of days ago)
-Lucca's food and water dishes (accidentally left in a New Mexico campsite)
-Lucca's leash (broken)
-Tigist (Matea's baby doll) (hoping she's somewhere here in the RV)
-Samuel's water bottle (also hoping it's lost somewhere in the RV)

QUOTES OF THE DAY:

"Oh my goodness!  That toilet flushed herself, all by herself!!" - Matea (after using an automatic toilet)

"We need to clean this place up quick before we get to Pop!  Then he can see our clean motorhome!" -Isaac

"Hey Isaac, guess what?  Mom is letting me vacuum the floor.  Isn't that cool?  I'm so excited to vacuum this floor!" - Samuel, on his way to convincing Isaac to take over his chore.

"Mom, you know I really like vacuuming?" -Isaac

"I haven't had any snuggles in a long time." - Isaac

"She is incredible!" - Adam, referring to Matea's lack of sleep.

"Matea, don't climb up there.  They are sleeping."
"I not going up there.  I just checking something out.  I just looking." - Matea

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

So glad they survived the Grand Candy House!!!!