Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday - Arizona!

Yesterday we travelled from Grants, New Mexico, across the border to the Grand Canyon.  It is cold and foggy here at the Grand Canyon, but we are enjoying one of the perks of this weather - no crowds!  We were also able to drive our RV along the hobbit trail, which is a road normally reserved for Grand Canyon tour buses.  They allow private vehicles to drive it only during this off-season of the year.  It was fantastic!

We camped here at the Grand Canyon last night, so we got to walk around a bit yesterday evening before the sun set, and then again this morning when we woke up.  40 mph wind gusts made the views even more dramatic!  When we were done sight seeing, we stopped at one of the lodges for hot chocolate and wifi!

The general consensus on the Grand Canyon is that it is awesome!  It was cool to see the kids' personalities come out along the canyon rim.  We stopped at every viewpoint along the South Rim - probably about a dozen or so.  Some were more breath-taking than others, but all were spectacular.  Samuel was in charge of photography, so he was occupied and happy taking pictures.  Elijah came back crying almost every time because he was scared.  Isaac was quiet and introspective at each stop, unless Adam lifted him up to look over the guardrail.  Then he'd scream to be put down.  Matea was happy in Daddy's arms, chattering about the "Grand Candy."  Abraham never made a peep.

QUOTES OF THE DAY:

"I no see the Grand Candy!  I no see it, Mom!  Where is the Grand Candy house?!" - Matea

"My nose is bleeding again!  I need a tissue!" - Matea (what she says when her nose is running)

"I'm not cold at all, Dad.......Dad, I'm freezing!!!" - Isaac

"God made the Grand Candy BIG." -Matea

"Matea, you need to stay in bed.  It is bedtime, and you need to stay in your bed.  I want you to obey, OK?" - Mom
"No.  I going to choose the hard way.  I no choose the happy way this time.  I choose the hard way." - Matea

"I'm ready to see Pop." - Isaac

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

The hard way - Oh dear - did that involve Adam?