Two years have passed since the morning we welcomed our Baby Girl into our arms. I can't even describe the emotions of meeting Matea for the first time. I was so shocked, delighted, surprised, elated...and yes, a little scared too. Because, as we all know, raising a little woman is not something to be taken lightly.
Adam took the boys shopping earlier this week for her birthday gifts. It was so sweet to see each of her older brothers use their money to buy her a thoughtful gift -- a purse, stickers, a playmobil figure. They are all so excited to make her a princess for her special day.
Perhaps sweetest was this note, which Elijah had thoughtfully prepared in advance for her, along with a "treasure hunt" to find her surprises:
Perhaps sweetest was this note, which Elijah had thoughtfully prepared in advance for her, along with a "treasure hunt" to find her surprises:
Translation:
Matea, I love you, specialest two-year-old! I love you so much more [than] the plants and trees. I ♥ U.
Yes, Matea, we love you so much more than the plants and the trees, sweet and "specialest" two-year-old girl!



4 comments:
Happy 2 years pretty girl!!!!
Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter!! She is a precious little girl!
She is beautiful! I just now had time to sit down and read all the travel journals & stories from yalls trip to get Abraham. WOW! I was holding back tears the whole time. Thanks for sharing & being so transparent. I can't imagine all the emotions but love that the Lord is being so gracious to open your eyes to the hurt & need in this world. And love that he is gracious to refine you and use you (and myself) even in our broken sinfulness. I love seeing the picture of becoming a new creation. I know we don't really know each other but thanks for letting me in on the story.
Love that little girl!
Post a Comment