Saturday, May 22, 2010

Reality Check and Travel Prep

Wow.  No one ever said the adoption process would be easy.  We've had such a smooth adoption process...but this week every roadblock possible seemed to crop up in our path, right as the end is in sight.  Every ounce of physical, emotional and spiritual energy has gone into trying to make a way to our boy.  I have seen ugly parts of myself that I do not like.  I have questioned my motives.  I have seen the limits of my patience daily, sometimes hourly. 

Adoption is hard.  It is draining.  It can suck everything out of you.  But He is worth it.  Not A, even though I am sure that holding him in my arms will be a rewarding experience.  A is not my prize.  Jesus is worthy.  He is worth every tear that I have cried this week and every ounce of energy I have spent.  This is where He has us.

We have our flights booked and most of our packing done.  There are still little things here and there to be done, but nothing is urgent.  I feel good about that.  This weekend, I want to clean my house, get our bags packed, and then spend lots of quality time with my kids to make up for the emotional basketcase I've been all week because I'm going to miss them so much after we leave.

I *think* I am going to be able to post to my blog via email while we're traveling.  Probably not many pictures (if any), but I should be able to post text fairly easily.  So we will do our best to give a running account of all that we're seeing, doing and experiencing. 

5 days til take off!

No comments: