Thursday, January 21, 2010

Adoption Progress

Here is an update on our adoption progress:

We completed our home study the first week in January. This week, we received the official home study reports from our cooperating agency (Lutheran Social Services of the South), which we were to then forward onto our agency and USCIS.

Earlier this week, I sent off the I 600-A form to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This step is to obtain a visa for our child. After they receive our application, they will contact us to set up an appointment to be fingerprinted.

This weekend, we will complete our 10 hours of parenting classes.

Next week, I hope to get our dossier state certified. Then it will be mailed into our agency.

Current wait times have slowed up a bit from last month. We can expect to wait 3 to 4 months for a referral after our dossier is received.

2 comments:

Christy. said...

YEAH!!! So glad things are moving along!

Cartmill Clan said...

Perhaps we will be "having" our new babies at the same time. How fun!!