We left Texas about a week ago and camped through New Mexico and Arizona en route to my grandmother's house in California. The kids are at a great age to travel in a motorhome. We experienced lots of wildlife, desert conditions, and our first experience with (I kid you not) 120 degree weather. That is what you call H-O-T. The kids had a great time and made some wonderful memories. Their journal entries and more pictures will be posted later.
We have had such a good time here at my grandmother's house visiting with her and my dad, who flew in the day we arrived. Yesterday my dad and I took the kids to The Happiest Place On Earth, which we also learned is The Place Where Dreams Come True. During our visit, Elijah kept wondering why his dreams weren't coming true, but other than that, the kids were all troopers and everyone had a blast! We got there early, came home for naps and food, and then went back and stayed until 11:30! Yes, my dad and I managed to convince a 9, 4, 3 and 11-month old to be reasonably happy until 11:30 pm! I was quite impressed with that. And so glad my dad was there to help me! I now realize that there is no way that I would have been able to keep 4 young children with me in chaotic mayhem that is Disneyland.
Elijah got to ride Space Mountain for the first time, and although Isaac wasn't tall enough for that one, he was happy to discover that he WAS tall enough for the Matterhorn. I am so happy that all my boys love rollercoasters. I can tell that Matea will love them too.
As we rode the tram back to the parking structure, Elijah leaned over and asked my dad, "Pop, would you teach me how to smoke?" My dad told him that smoking is not good for you. Elijah replied, "Don't worry, Pop, I won't do it all the time. Just when bad guys are around." I think Adventureland got to his head. Elijah was at a perfect age for Disney. I loved seeing his eyes light up at all the characters and special effects throughout the day.
We are staying here in California for a couple of more days, and then we're headed East again, where among other things, we are going to hike and camp in the Colorado mountains!
3 comments:
Happy 4th of July! It sounds like so far you are having a perfect trip (even if it was 120 at one point and all of Elijah's dreams haven't come true. That is so cute)! That is amazing about keeping the kids all happy until so late at night. All in the name of Disney. I guess anythings possible! That proves it! :) Safe travels and can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. Love you all!
Your trip sounds amazing. I am wondering what color your living room is now? I sure enjoyed your family! Wish I was playing that technologically undemanding UNO game with the kids.
love you all,
Aunt Debbbie
Where were the snakes??? I'm glad you slept in the motor home!!!
Post a Comment