I went back to do some things at the "old" house yesterday with all four kids in tow, and as we pulled up Isaac excitedly shouted, "I'm tired of our new house. I want to live in our old house again!" Poor Isaac...he doesn't like change at all. One comfort about the new house is that Samuel has moved into his bedroom! Isaac was very happy to find out that he'd be sharing a room with Samuel (Elijah's got his own room, as does Matea), but then his smile quickly turned to his trademark furrowed-brow scowl as he said, "but I want Lije too. I want all my brothers in my bedroom."
Elijah and Samuel have made several comments about this house being small, or old, or smelling funny, but for the most part, their transition has been a joyful one. The first night we were here we let Samuel invite his good friend from our old neighborhood to spend the night, and I think that went a long way in showing him that just because we moved doesn't mean we can't still see our old friends.
I will sign off with some of my favorite sights of the past 24 hours:
This is a black and white family photo wall that Honeybee and Morgan created in our living room. I love the way the grouping turned out; these are some of my favorite pictures.
High on the priority list of moving in has been making the backyard a kid place, for everyone's sake! Last night Adam put a new net on our trampoline and also hung a tire swing from one of the branches of this beautiful tree in our backyard. Any of you who know Adam's greatest fear can understand the courage it took for him all that time up there in order for our boys to have a fun swing!
And friends! Aren't these guys cute? Elijah, Isaac, and our friend Grace, doing a silly happy dance for the camera this morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment