Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Life is a Test

A conversation with Samuel this morning:

Samuel: Mom, why do you keep telling us this stuff?

Me: Because that's the gospel, Samuel. Loving people more than we love stuff, and more than we love ourselves. That's the love of Jesus in us.

S: Whoa. I just discovered another piece of the puzzle. It just clicked. Do you get it?

Me: Uhh, no.

S: It's like this, Mom. I know now why God allows iPod Touches and iPhones and all that kind of stuff....it's like, life is a test. We see all this stuff that looks fun and it tempts us, and all of our life is really a test to see what we're going to love the most.

And, on an 8-year-old level, that's pretty much it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this this morning as we're selling one of our iPhones (because who really needs 2???)... good perspective, Samuel :)