
There's this blog that I like...possibly love. She has offered a challenge to memorize scripture, and I'm jumping aboard. My kids are memorizing verses like crazy...why shouldn't I? Enough excuses. This week, I begin.
In the words of John Piper:
“You may doubt that you can do this, especially if you are older. But ask yourself this question, If I offered you $1,000 for every verse you memorized in the next week, how many do you think you could memorize? Yet God says of his word in Psalm 19:10-11, “They are more desirable than gold, yes, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover, by them Thy servant is warned; in keeping them there is great reward.” The real value of the word is far greater than $1,000 a verse. The question is, Do you believe this? Believing this will be the crucial motivation you need.”
Do you truly believe that? I'm getting there.
1 comment:
Way to go! I can't say that I am doing that but I am very encouraged by what you are doing!
Post a Comment