Samuel's hit a new milestone: sleeping in. 10:20 a.m.! I've been waiting 8 years for this. Now if I could only get all the kids to sleep in! I think he's growing.
He told me a few weeks ago that he's almost always hungry and that he never eats enough to be full during mealtimes. I, of course, encouraged him to let loose and eat until he's full. So, during a recent meal he had three sandwiches, two apples, about half a plateful of chips, string cheese, baby carrots and a large cookie. A typical breakfast could now include a large smoothie, 2 or 3 pieces of toast, eggs, granola and fruit. On our ride home from Florida, we got a box of clementine oranges to snack on in the car. I cut Samuel off after he'd downed 8 (only because I was afraid of the digestive repercussions of eating so much fruit). Where does he put it? There's not an ounce of chub on his lean little body. Anyway, I'm happy to see that he's at peace with his appetite, and I can't imagine how much these boys will be eating when they're teenagers. I understand why some people have to shop at Costco.
The cool thing about this growth spurt is that it's not just physical.
Monday morning Samuel tiptoed into my room at 6 am and whispered, "Mom, sleep in." Awhile later he came in and quietly set a plate of scrambled eggs, toast and grapes on the chair. He had also made a plate of breakfast for each of his brothers and got Matea out of bed and into her exersaucer while they ate. When I thanked him for what he had done, he said, "You take good care of me every day, so why shouldn't I do the same for you once in awhile?" (!!!) And it wasn't just that day. All week he's been doing a little extra every day, looking for little ways he can help out, giving me hugs and kisses and "I love you, Mom"s out of nowhere. Where does that come from?! Such an amazing little boy.
1 comment:
What a sweetheart! God has blessed you with a special first-born son.
Post a Comment