Friday, December 12, 2008

Yes, I am that mom...

I took my car in for maintenance this morning, and knowing that Friday is a home day, I had Samuel bring his backpack so we could do schoolwork.

So there we are, sitting in this waiting room for over 3 hours. I've got Samuel's homeschool books and papers all spread out, Matea wrapped to my front in a sling, nursing off and on, and Isaac and Elijah clinging to each of my legs as I wait for someone to tell me my minivan is done. Then it hit me...I have become that mom. I was even wearing tennis shoes. I hardly ever wear tennis shoes unless I'm working out. Ugggh.

I think I'm going to paint my toenails or flatiron my hair or SOMETHING to make young, hip mom come back. Although that won't take care of the minivan issue. Or the fact that I've got 4 kids and homeschool...

3 comments:

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

You're hilarious!

Knox said...

I think as long as you didn't find yourself in overalls, crocks, and an oversized tie-dye shirt, you're good :)

Anonymous said...

overalls AND crocs. at once.

You will never be that mom, though I can't picture you in tennis shoes.