This was another whirlwind of a week. We had an awesome time with Honeydo and Big Dave. I think the most memorable thing, for the kids, was driving the motorhome and parking downtown for a day in Austin. They love that motorhome. I mean, they get to ride without seatbelts (whoops, did I let that slip?), watch movies, play games, eat all kinds of snacks, and use the oh-so-enticing toilet. But more than that, it's their motorhome. It was our home for the month that we traveled between Oregon and Florida, and those boys have all kinds of memories from that time that they cherish.
So needless to say, they were thrilled to see Honeydo and Big Dave roll down our street in the motorhome. A vehicle they love, and people they love even more.
The rest of our weekend included a Men's Retreat for Adam, a cocktail party for the two of us, and colds for everyone else. We dedicated Matea at church, hung out with friends, and visited Bethlehem (but that's a whole post in itself).
Matea, getting all dressed up for her dedication. She looked so pretty in a dress from the Kampfe girls, and seeing her in it reminded me of driving out to Atlanta for Tallia's dedication in the same dress 4 years ago!
The verse we chose for her is Psalm 13:6 - "I will sing to the Lord, Because he has dealt bountifully with me." This is the verse that God clearly laid on my heart for her in the weeks following her birth. Another verse that is special to me is Isaiah 43:19a - "Behold, I am doing a new thing!Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?" He is a God of new things.
Next, on to Bethlehem to see this new baby everyone's talking about...

No comments:
Post a Comment