Samuel's home assignments each week include journaling on an important saying. He is supposed to write it out, then explain in his own words what he thinks they mean. We usually discuss it ahead of time, but sometimes he just takes a stab at it on his own. I think some of them are pretty interesting (I didn't include spelling errors):
Beat around the bush. I think it means beating up a bush, or beating around it, or a plant shop or a place that sells plant food.
A small leak can sink a great ship. One person could make a building fall down, one hurricane could kill 2,000 people, one wave could kill 20 people, one tree could knock down ten trees, one person could change your future for your life.
liberty is the freedom from unjust government control.
Clean bill of health. It means you have nothing wrong with you, you're clean, you're fit, nice, cool, happy, smart, big/small, can do push ups, sit ups, touch your toes, handstands, headstands, math.
A house divided against itself cannot stand. It means that you can't have a country that tries to make its own decisions or your country will fall apart and you will not have a country. No country no people.
Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends with them? This means making friends with your enemies so there is no war, like in Star Wars they never want to have peace, so if you have an enemy, don't make war make peace and peace comes back.
If men were angels, no government would be needed. That means if we didn't have rules men and women would be doing bad things like robbing people, getting married more than one time, stealing, hanging out in bad groups of people and pirates.
Learning is not attained by chance. It must be sought for with ardor and diligence. It means a person has to go to something to get smarter. Even Koko had to train. Even the smartest person in the world had to go to school. I know cause that's what Adams said if you look on your piece of paper if you go to Veritas.
No comments:
Post a Comment