Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Matea's Second Day

*disclaimer*
LOTS of pictures ahead. I can't stay away from my camera, and then of course I can't choose a decent amount of pictures to post. So bear with me.

*other disclaimer*
I absolutely cannot figure out Blogger's formatting sometimes.

Proud brother #2. I didn't have one of Samuel on my camera, but oh my goodness, he is something else. It's like pulling teeth to get this baby out of his arms to feed her. He does not want to leave her side, and says he is really happy that she's a girl and not a boy, like he originally wanted. Elijah is next in line. He likes to hold her too, and has done a great job "teaching" Isaac how to be gentle and loving to the baby.
This is the newest big brother. He's done pretty well so far. He says "Matea" well but sometimes calls her "Baby Teya" too. Yesterday I asked him if her name was Matea and he said no, her name is Sister. He likes kissing the top of her head and giggling at her.











I love this face! It looks like she's crying, but really she's yawning.





(zoom in on this next one for a close-up view. She came out complete with sideburns, back hair and shoulder hair. I couldn't resist documenting it!)Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

She is SO ADORABLE! You don't even know how my heart is aching to hold her!! And I think we will have a special bond b/c I was born at 8:28am too. ;) I'm so glad you are doing well. Talk soon!

Missi Wilson said...

I can't believe how much she looks like a little girl, yet looks SO much like her brothers! I'm so happy that everyone is adjusting well to the thought of a girl:) LOVE YOU!

Cartmill Clan said...

She is beautiful! Can't wait to meet her in person. I am so glad things went well. You look great in the birth photo too (of course!). Looking forward to talking in the next few weeks. Love to you all!

Unknown said...

Hey Adam and Amber Rose,
I want to congratulate you on your 4th child. Amber, I bet you are fired up to have a little princess in the house. 3 young boys and one big one is quite a load. Enjoy your precious new life with these adorable children.
Love ya,
Zimel Male Cousin # 1 Greg

John and Natalee Warren said...

Congratulations,and I so loved reading how it all went down at home (we have thought about a home birth).
She is beautiful and she has my same bday! I hope you are doing well, have fun with her! :)