To kickstart the month of July (and because we're all about competition here at the Zimel Zoo), we thought it would be fun to come up with a little baby guessing contest to see who can come closest to guessing the correct baby stats.
Here are the categories:
Birthdate (+/- 2 days)
Weight (+/- 3 ounces)
Length (+/- 0.5 inches)
Gender (no leeway on this one)
Anyone can participate! Just leave a comment that includes your name, address and email address (if I don't already know it), along with your guesses in the four categories above. I will keep track of the entries between now and delivery time. After the baby is born, the person who came the closest to correct guesses in all four categories will get a cool prize in the mail (OK, it will probably be a $15 gift card to some national chain that's close to my house...possibly Starbucks, because they have a drive-thru). :) If no one gets four correct guesses, the prize will go to the person with 3 correct guesses, and so on. This will be fun for me to see who's reading, and who cares to submit their guesses, and it'll be fun for you to participate for the chance to get something free in the mail!
So that people who have known us for a long time don't have an unfair advantage, here are the baby stats for the other Zoo members:
SAMUEL:
(Induced) Born at 39 weeks, 4 days (5/7/00)
8 lbs, 6 oz
20 1/2 inches long
ELIJAH:
(Induced) Born at 39 weeks, 3 days (7/31/04)
7 lbs, 15 oz
20 inches long
ISAAC:
Born at 40 weeks, 2 days (6/5/06)
7 lbs, 7 oz
20 3/4 inches long
Again, the due date is July 14th...
Thanks for playing!
14 comments:
July 15, 2008
7 lbs 6 oz
20 inches
Female (*grin*)
July 17th
9 lbs
21 inches
BOY!
Samuel Zimel
July 16th
7 lb, 1 oz
20 1/4 in
GIRL!
July 13
7 ilb 3 oz
19 1/2 inches
GIRL !
that was supposed to be 7 lbs 3 oz- sorry, trying to multi-task :)
July 13, 2008
7 lb 14 oz
20 1/2 inches
MALE
July 15th
7lbs, 3oz
19.5 inches
girl :)
Oh I just read the others and realized Mauria and my guesses were really similar! If I need to change mine, I'll change my weight to 7lb, 1oz.
p/s I hope for your sake Samuel's wrong about the weight. :) If he's right, I'm changing the birthday to July 24th, my length to 22inches and my gender to boy. :)
July 17th
8 lbs 8 oz
21 inches
Can't decide!
Honeybee
July 13
7 lb 12 oz
20 1/2 in
Girl (because Elijah insists, and I think sometimes children's intuition is less clouded than adults')
OK,
July 16, 2008
7lbs. 4ozs.
20 1/4 inches
Ligar, since it's pretty much my favorite animal:)
No really, I'm thinking boy, BUT I wouldn't mind if it was a girl to give those boys a run for their money!
I guess July 14. This will be perfect. You can go into labour while we are playing cards. This will distract everyone, and Adam will take advantage of the distraction and win the hand. He will brag about winning while helping you (this is ok, because later you can brag about having a baby). Isaac and I will make some tea and call Jen, and Jon can play with Elijah and Samuel.
The baby will be a boy, 6lb 15oz and 20 inches long.
We will celebrate, and soon you will be able to have that glass of wine you have been craving.
I think the prize here should be whoever gets closest should get to name the baby. When I win, I will name him or her (it doesn't matter, really) Ogdimel. How's that for an Amber-Rose/Adam celeb baby name?
July 13
7 lbs. 10 oz.
20 1/2"
I'm hoping for a girl, but I'm guessing that it will be a boy
Also, I know you didn't ask for it, but I would also like to submit my suggestion for the baby's name:
Clarence Adolfus LaKiefer Confucius Richard Zebediah Stanislaus Balthazar Zimel.
You may send the prize to 4039 N. Clarey, Eugene, OR. I'm looking forward to receiving it (but not as much as I'm looking forward to another Zimel entering the world!)
I am date-inept. So I said the 14th...but I meant Sunday, which is the 13th. John, that means we would have the same date. Perhaps when we win we can just combine our names?
Post a Comment