Thursday, May 29, 2008

Loving life...

...for many reasons, we're loving life. Being the last week of school, Samuel has no homework all week. We've eaten out, played around, and stayed up late almost every night. Oh, and last week Samuel was accepted into Veritas Academy, which is yet another reason to celebrate!

I had a prenatal appointment yesterday, which we all attended as a family (very loud and boisterous - this is when I'm thankful for midwives with child-friendly homes and pro-family attitudes rather than stuffy, sterile doctors offices!) and then drove over to eat at Mandola's and peruse the weekly farmer's market. And we topped it off with gelato. I love these kinds of days!

The midwife did say she was referring to the baby as "he" because of his activity level (what? Girls can't be wild in the womb?), but this morning as Elijah sits coloring he is making princes and princesses out of our family members...and I'm not the only one wearing a princess crown! He is adamant that he prayed for a sister and this baby will be a girl. Samuel strongly opposes any talk of a female entering our family, and Adam and I lean toward thinking it's a boy because we just can't imagine producing a daughter after we've had 3 boys. Our bottom line is that we will be thrilled either way - it really doesn't matter to us whether this baby is a boy or a girl. It does bother me when people assume that we must be "trying for that girl!"

Elijah, Isaac and I have spent the morning packing bags and making raw milk organic peach ice cream (yum). Tonight, we get to have dinner with good friends, and then tomorrow, Adam and I leave for a weekend together in Cancun. I am so excited to be spending a tropical weekend away with my husband. It feels like I've been waiting years to do this. Granted, we've always had more than our fair share of date nights, but before this year, we'd never gone off by ourselves without our kid(s) for more than one night at a time. Well, since our honeymoon. I guess we missed Samuel so miserably that week that we figured it wasn't a good idea to vacation without kids! Obviously, we're OK with it now...but I still don't think we'd leave them for more than a few nights. We're just suckers for our kids like that!

Unfortunately, I am once again without my camera, so there will be no photo documentation of the Cancun weekend. On the other hand, that's probably a good thing considering that I plan to live in a bikini all weekend and I've got a belly the size of a watermelon...not something I want to post on the blog!

Enjoy your last few days of May! We will be!

2 comments:

John and Natalee Warren said...

Hey girl, I am so glad yall are getting away! So fun! I love your perspective and attitude towards life in general! Thanks for sharing...it an encouragement!

Amanda Whitman said...

Hey Zimel's, We miss you guys and am sooooooooo glad you are doing so great! I love your attitude toward life our Great God has given you! :) Love to read your blog:):) Gotta go to bed, I got hooked on a couple blogs...yawn
Love to ya'll, Amanda W.