Thursday, May 22, 2008

Florida

We are home from a glorious week at the beach in Florida. Our trip was filled with lots of time with our loved ones and daily doses of sun, sand and surf. Samuel's favorite thing to do included some combination of boogie boarding, skimboarding or body surfing. Between his long hair and his brown skin, he looked like the perfect beach bum. Elijah loved wave jumping and playing with Tallia and Arden. Isaac warmed up to the waves toward the end of our trip, but really preferred sitting in the sand and building sand castles. He didn't seem crazy about the beach at first, but after a few days, the first words out of his mouth each morning would be asking to go to the beach.


I guess we would call this bunch of kids adopted cousins. The males and females were in perfect balance, which is always a refreshing experience! We were quite a sight with our grip of small children, plus Christin and I both have obviously pregnant bellies. We got lots of stares and curious inquiries, but honestly, I didn't mind it at all! I guess it made me feel like I can't be too crazy taking the 4-kid plunge when I've got a good friend by my side doing the same thing. I took some really cute pictures of all of the kids, but of course, I forgot my camera in Florida. So, the pictures will come later.



That flight between Austin and Jacksonville is so much easier than it used to be flying from Portland to Jacksonville. It was such a refreshing week, physically, spiritually, and emotionally. I am so grateful that we have these relationships...we are iron sharpening iron as we walk this road. More later...and I PROMISE, Honeybee, I'll put pictures up as soon as I can...

No comments: