Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Conversations with Elijah

I was thinking that these questions would be over Elijah's head, but after I saw that the Wilsons used them with Sam, I decided to try them with Elijah. So, some of these answers don't make a whole lot of sense, but that's part of the fun of it, right?


When I get home, the first thing I like to do is…play with friends.



Here are some words that describe me…I’m smart, I’m not mean…well, I’m mean to bad guys. I’m not mean to people. I wear shoes, and I don’t be mean to people, I be really, really nice to people.



The best thing about being a kid is…making friends. And how do you do that? You just be yourself. Because that’s the way God made you and that's the way to make friends.



The very best dinner would be…lettuce and beans. Hmmm...anything else? Cheese.



My favorite songs right now are…We Will, We Will Rock You! I like Funky Town and the lion song [The Lion Sleeps Tonight]. Won’t you take me to…FUNKY TOWN?!?



If I were the president of the United States, I would…I would, ummm…I would…I would work! I would do something!



One thing I like about having brothers is…to be a friend. Do you mean that your brothers are your friends? Yeah.



One thing I don’t like about having brothers is…not being a friend. You mean when you guys aren’t getting along? I don’t like to be a friend. You don’t like to be a friend to Samuel and Isaac? Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don’t.



My dad is a…He’s a daddy! He likes rabbits. What does he look like? He looks like a music player...like, he has black hair, and brown skin, and green eyes, just like me - I have green eyes too!



My mom is a…I wouldn’t fight with you, Mom. What does Mommy look like? I can't tell you, because I don't want to tell you.


When I’m a parent, I will…Ummm, I’m gonna grow a mustache and I’m gonna talk to somebody.

What about Jesus? What are some things you know about Jesus? He's powerful. And he doesn't leave. He be's with you all the time. I'm not telling you any more questions. That's all the questions I can tell you.