Saturday, March 08, 2008

Hoedown!

It's that time of year again! Springtime is the annual Hoedown at Forest Creek Elementary School, and we were ready for it! Last year was utter culture shock. This year was a little less baffling, and still a whole lotta fun. Unfortunately, my camera lens isn't functioning at the moment, so I didn't get any good pictures of the event. Our neighbor gave me copies of these shots.
Samuel and Kylie, one of his closest friends

Kylie and Elijah (he insisted on wearing a non-cowboy hat w/ his outfit)

As I layed out western attire for everyone the night before, I realized that we are seriously low in the pearl-snap western shirt department in this household. Samuel ended up wearing the same shirt and jeans I bought him for the event last year!

Ironically, my brother, who was in town visiting for the weekend, had better cowboy attire than the rest of us! I know he enjoyed it. Where else can you see a bunch of 7- and 8-year-olds do a linedance to "God Bless Texas"?
On Saturday, Jesse drove down from Abilene and we got to take both Jesse and Charley to their first experience at Esther's Follies, a comedy venue that is an Austin classic. This is imperative, as they're both planning to become Austinites in the future. Today we all went to church together, then to our favorite burger place for lunch. As I type, the men and boys are upstairs playing Tiger Woods golf on the Wii.

All the makings of a great weekend.

No comments: