Saturday, April 07, 2007

Hoedown Pictures






















































Here are some pictures from the hoedown at Forest Creek Elementary. I forgot to mention that there were professional musicians and yodeling, as well as an impressive display of air fiddle skills by the kids (some people do air guitars, I guess down South they do air fiddles). These pics are pretty close up on Samuel and his partner, the lovely Nikki, but really it was quite a large crowd (about 200 or so kids - the entire first grade population).

Samuel was relieved to finally have it over. He spent the previous day fretting over what a big performance it would be. I got an education in square dance jargon, like" do-si-do" and "allemand" (sp?), "honor your partner" and "wickety wack." Elijah kept looking at me like, "what on Earth are they doing?" I just said, "We're in Texas now, honey. I guess this is what they do here!" It was quite an event, and I'm glad I got to experience it with the boys.

1 comment:

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

That is amazing - how they were able to organize that many kids into a hoe-down is beyond me!! Samuel looks like he's having fun. Very impressive! :)