Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ultrasound


Oops! I guess my draft from earlier this morning actually posted, so some of this is repeat information.

We had our big ultrasound this morning, which I've been looking forward to all week. Everything's healthy, which is a wonderful blessing! All three boys came to the appointment, as well as Adam, and it was so fun to be there all together and to see those three cute boys lined up like ducks in a row in that dark room with big eyes glued to the screen. We celebrated afterward with pastries at Mandola's, our favorite place to eat in central Austin.

I was going to just post a regular old 2D picture (that's the b & w one), but I've decided to put 3D pictures on too (sort of reluctantly, because it's so scary-looking), especially for parents and aunts and uncles who are seeing this and are new to the world of 3D ultrasounds. So brace yourself before you scroll down. This baby will become cuter with age, I'm sure!

Baby's profile, face up

Ahhhh!

The baby held its arm across its face the entire time, so the technician took the shot and then digitally removed the arm from this picture. That's why the face is a bit obscured. Here's a picture of the profile showing how the baby was holding its arm across its face.

Baby's face profile with hand covering eyes (the other thing across the face is the cord)

In the past it's been easy to take health for granted, especially because I've had healthy pregnancies and babies each time. This time, I'm not forgetting that blessing. I'm not taking it for granted. I'm so thankful for a baby who is growing perfectly and my body, which is a good and healthy place for it to grow.

Oh, and the baby's gender? It's a........................







........surprise, still. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MEAN!!! I thought you actually found out! And no worries, it has half of your genes too, so most likely the baby will turn out cute like their momma. Hey Ad, love ya! :) teehee I can't wait to hold this precious gift. SO happy everything looked good!! In Him~ missi