This week advent begins, and we are so excited to begin celebrating the season of anticipation as look forward to Jesus' birth. And it's still cold here! That makes it seem all the more like Christmas.
I've noticed that our ornaments are migrating further and further up the tree as Isaac snatches all of those that are within his reach.
A funny quote from Elijah when we were at the tree farm:
"Dad, you broke the tree's heart!" (just as the tree came toppling down)
I never did a Thanksgiving post, but we had what seemed like a full week of festivities. My Aunt Sheryl, Aunt Becky and cousin Zac flew in early in the week, and my brother, his wife and my cousin all drove down from Abilene. We also invited our neighbors and someone in our community group. All in all I think we had around 25 people in my grandparents house for Thanksgiving dinner. Later that week we got to see my Uncle Gary and cousin Andy. They were in Dallas visiting my cousin Amy, who recently moved there for work, and made the drive down to Austin to spend the day with us. It was good to see everyone and made us remember how thankful we are for family.
1 comment:
Ha! Elijah still has some tree-huggin' Oregon blood in him I see.
Post a Comment