Monday, August 20, 2007

It's 8 a.m. and Elijah is quietly eating his breakfast after a game of Chutes and Ladders. Samuel and Isaac are both sleeping in. My morning iced coffee tastes extra good this morning.
The week already here, and I feel like I could use a weekend from my weekend. I'm almost finished painting the bedrooms, but have to go back to the store for that annoying extra 1/4 gallon to touch up here and there. And I have to hang up pictures and stuff like that. The last half of last week was spent painting like crazy, only stopping to clean up and make food and put kids down for naps.
There was so much going on this weekend. Birthday parties, dinners, an all day leadership summit at church, and frantic running around the house trying to get it in decent condition from the week of neglect while I painted. Last night after our house cleared out at 9:30, we realized that, oh yeah, we need to disassemble all the beds in the boys' room so the installers can lay the carpet.
This week I'm going to try to make sure that Samuel lives up his last week of summer vacation. We anticipate a call from his teacher today letting us know which class he's in. I'm also hoping to figure out our extra-curricular activities for the fall. Elijah wants to play a sport, and Samuel's going to be playing on the same flag football team he joined in the spring. There is also talk of music lessons (Samuel wants to learn guitar) and perhaps a language class...but they are so young, and I'm wary of overloading our schedule, so we'll see what falls into place.

I always feel like something's missing when I post without a picture, so even though it's unrelated, here's a goofy picture of Elijah:

No comments: