Finally the paint job is finished! Both the boys' bedrooms need some decorating still, but so far so good.
We got the painting done just in time. The carpet people came this week and and the boys are relieved to have their freshly-carpeted and painted bedrooms back after playing musical beds for 2 weeks while their rooms were out of commission.
And here are Samuel and Elijah's respective chalkboards:
I gave up on trying to draw a starcraft for Samuel; the planet will have to do. But one cool compromise is that all of the stars are painted in glow-in-the-dark paint. I decided to put both chalkboards on the one wall that you don't see when you look into the bedrooms. Hopefully they're not too obnoxious-looking. One more fun thing about Elijah's room. The bedrooms have pretty large closets, and his is almost never used, or even opened. So we put a comfy chair and some pillows in there, along with a basket full of books for a special reading spot. That's the sort of thing I would have loved to have in my bedroom when I was a kid.
If it seems like I'm leaving Isaac out, I didn't get to his bedroom. Poor baby - that's what happens when you're the youngest, I guess! His bedroom is so functional and plain, there's not much to see. But maybe I'll post a picture of it later, just for comparison's sake!
1 comment:
The bedrooms turned out great! I may have to take your idea with the chalkboard paint. That looks really fun. 1 month until your visit! Yay!
Post a Comment