Our life this week, in a nutshell:
Monday Adam and I were blessed with a date night. Aunt Mira came over to stay with the boys and we went downtown to see The Fray in concert. We didn't have tickets ahead of time, but we were able to buy seats within the first few rows from a scalper just before the show. It was so good to get out, and the music was amazing.
Monday Adam and I were blessed with a date night. Aunt Mira came over to stay with the boys and we went downtown to see The Fray in concert. We didn't have tickets ahead of time, but we were able to buy seats within the first few rows from a scalper just before the show. It was so good to get out, and the music was amazing.
Today it's a balmy 58 degrees and Adam is repainting the exterior trim of our house. It was sort of blue-gray color that looked really bad with the brick. The new color is a "vanilla ice cream" (this is what we're going for, at least). It's not done yet, but it looks a whole lot better already. What really completes the look though, in my opinion, are the gardenias and pansies that the kids and I planted outside our front door this morning.
We're not quite sure where we're going to church tomorrow. We've been trying out a few related churches all from the same plant. That brought us to last Sunday, where we had quite an experience (ask Adam sometime about the vision that was prophecied over him in the mid-service). This was about as TBN as churches come, complete with seizures, rolling on the ground, yelling, flailing, screaming...and I don't want to put God in a box, so I'm just going to say that it wasn't what we're used to.
Then, of course, there's the Super Bowl, which is our plan for Sunday afternoon.
Adam starts work on Monday for the Weitzman Group of Austin. As you can imagine, he excited beyond words to resume his life as a working man. Tuesday through Thursday he'll be in Dallas for a training seminar, so we'll miss him on the homefront for a few days. Then, on Friday afternoon, Poppy (my dad) and Charley come to visit for the weekend. What fun to anticipate!
1 comment:
How fun! (I'm referring to the home improvements & Adam starting work Monday ~ I'm not sure if "fun" would decribe your church experience though...) :) Your house looks great! I'm so excited to see it in person. I noticed Samuel definitely looks "older" in his post.
Post a Comment