Our adventuresome, spirited, caring and tender-hearted boy - I can't believe it. Is this really the little baby boy that changed my life so dramatically six and a half years ago? Where has that time gone?
As Adam and I pulled away from the school building this morning after dropping Samuel off to his new and unfamiliar surroundings, it hit me that this, like so many other milestones, is bittersweet. Is it always this hard? Did our parents struggle to keep the tears back as they kissed us goodbye? There is no greater comfort than knowing that he is God's child and not my own. My heart is thankful that God chose not only to bless me with this child, but also to orchestrate the quality time that I've had with him thus far. So, despite my touch of sadness (albeit for selfish reasons), today marks a new and exciting chapter of Samuel's life.
The Statistics:
School Name: Forest Creek Elementary School
Teacher: Miss LaPeyre
Class Size: 19
School begins: 7:35 a.m.
School ends: 2:45 p.m.
Mascot: Coyote
Distance from our house: 2.5 miles
2 comments:
Hopefully Samuel won't have any homework that he needs help from his dad on...I'm not sure Adam could handle the rigors of the first grade curriculum.
I hope his day was great. Did he seem happy when he got home? I imagine it is a little easier as parents to send kids to school if we know they are having a pretty good time. :) Tell him we're thinking of him & I'm sure he'll be able to do his own homework no problem! :)
Post a Comment