Sunday, December 03, 2006

Amelia Island and Elijah's Big News

Last night we rode the ferry to beautiful Amelia Island (http://www.ameliaisland.org) and spent the evening shopping, eating dinner and looking at Christmas lights. This is a really spectacular place, and I wish we'd had more time to explore. Another time.

On to Elijah's news...Several days ago, I felt that it was really time to teach Elijah to use the potty and get him out of diapers. As much as I love using cloth diapers, I'm over having two kids in them. So we gave up his Fuzzi Bunz cold turkey and have spent a discouraging week in soggy pull-ups and wet training underpants. But...

Today marks the first time in Elijah-history that he has kept a dry pull-up all day.

HOORAY!!!

I am so proud of him! What makes it all the more exciting is that today is Sunday, and that means that he stayed accident-free even while in church this morning! It turns out that a huge motivator for Elijah is Fruit Loops, particularly the blue ones (I know, we usually would never allow such a thing into our diet, but they were all the "potty treats" we could find at Honeydo's one day, and they turned out to be a big hit).

This could be the start of a beautiful thing!

1 comment:

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

Yay Elijah! Hopefully I can use this news to motivate Cade...fruit loops, huh? Well, whatever it takes! I'm so glad you will be changing less diapers. Also, I was so excited my NSP order came THursday and I'd ordered Tues! Very fast! The boys think the tea is okay, too. :) Have a great evening.