Monday, October 23, 2006

Sunday - Legoland, part I


L
E
G
O
!

Samuel and Elijah on Safari Trek






Adam and Samuel in front of
NYC in Miniland USA (all in
background is built of tiny
Legos!)
********************************************************
We left Grandmother's and headed South about 60 miles to Carlsbad, CA, where Legoland is located. We arrived mid-afternoon, in time to spend a couple of hours at the park before it closed at 5 pm. We had a chance to view a few of the more than 40 million lego bricks that were used to create Legoland. The rides are a bit more tame than Disneyland, but the park provides many advantages over Disneyland as well.
(More to come on Monday's adventures.)
After Legoland we stopped at In & Out for burgers. There is a true fascination with In & Out - I don't know if I quite understand it, but the food was good. We walked away full and went to sleep in a fully hooked up motorhome.
SIDE NOTE (to aquaint you with the ins and outs of RVing):
I took my first shower in the motorhome today. Given today's standard of size and comfort, the motorhome bathroom, approximately 20 sq ft (4x5), is very spatially efficient, and as well has many of the amenities of our bathroom at home. The toilet is rather fascinating in how it works, if you have not yet had this experience in a motorhome. There are two levers, one of which fills the toilet with water, the seconds of which flushes the toilet. Both are controlled by the foot. We use a luxurious two-ply toilet paper. It is recommended to double up (sorry, Mom, I had to say it). Our water heater heats the shower, so temperatures are consistent with what we'd find in a regular bathroom. Finally, what goes in has to come out. At each RV camp there's a dump station. There is an external hose that is connected to the gray and black holding tanks. When this hose is hooked into the dump station, you can drain both tanks, gray (sink and shower) and black (toilet). Rubber gloves are recommended.
Quotes of the Day:
"Sometimes I think I'm the wisest person in this family."
-Samuel, referencing a certain individual's patience (or lack thereof)
"So this is what we paid $142 for."
-Amber-Rose, on the fact that amidst all the rides, the boys just wanted to sit and build things with Legos.
miles traveled today: 63

No comments: