Saturday, February 19, 2011

February

It's February!  I know, I can't believe it either.

Samuel and Elijah are just finishing up basketball season.  Samuel is set to start his very first school sport, which he is PUMPED about.  This kid has been involved in team sports for years, but we are just now at the point where we can ignore the school team no longer!  So I am biting the bullet and making the commitment to drive him "down South" (the area where his school is located) 3 evenings a week for soccer practice.  Oh, this is good for my comfort idol.   

We are finding that this year has been very pivotal for Samuel in many ways.  He is in his first year of middle school, and friends have been elevated to a whole new level.  All of the sudden these boys are social creatures!  We are exploring this new stage of preadolescence (or is this what they call the tweens?  Do boys go through that?) and finding new ways to enjoy and appreciate the world of 11-year-old boys.

This month, Matea enrolled in Spanish immersion class once a week.  She is in Isaac's class, and so far it's gone very well!  She is beyond thrilled to tote her mochila and mirienda and botella de agua to her escuela every Monday morning.  I have been very much enjoying the one-on-one time with Abraham.  And since he still naps in the morning, I often get a some free time at home. 

The weather is warming up, and we are coming out of hibernation.  Walks in the afternoons, park playdates, bike rides on the weekends...soon the wildflowers and bluebonnets will be in bloom.  Spring is a lovely season in Texas.  I appreciate this time of year.

Elijah and Isaac are taking their knowledge of the Spanish language to a whole new language with the discovery of body parts & bodily functions.  I go back and forth on this one.  In general, I'm not really into potty talk...but at least they're using their Spanish....right??
Abraham is blowing us away with his strength, energy and determined spirit.  He is 14 months old.  Wow.  He has been mobile for a good 3 months now.  All of the sudden, he is very fast and very curious.  He can get to the "no no" spots in no time and have the bookshelf cleared of books in the blink of an eye. Last month, he sprouted the cutest little gapped front teeth.  He loves music and dancing.  As you can see from the pictures, he is quickly surpassing his 17-months-older (petite) sister in size.  He weighs 28 lbs.  This month, we sent our annual picture to his birth family.  Oh how thankful I am for this little bit of contact.
Matea is every bit of her ripe old age of two.  She is a bundle of energy.  Together with Abraham on her tail, they make quite a team.  She believes that she is Abraham's second mother.  She hasn't noticed yet that he's bigger than she is. 

Trips!...We've got a few fun trips in the works this spring.  I love having some good travel to look forward to. 

Adam and I have been enrolled in classes for the past several months that are really stretching us and growing us. We are thirsty for more of God's word and in prayer. We are setting new precedents for ourselves in the way we spend our time. We are conscious of what we think and believe about God, and how that touches everything we do. Ironically (or not so?), we feel less mature, less confident of where we are, than we probably did at this time last year. Hmmm.

One reason that I haven't posted pictures on the blog lately is that I ran out of storage!  I just paid $5 for more.  I have no idea how much it is or how long it will last.

Happy weekend!

No comments: