Our road trip is officially over! We got home almost two weeks ago, and I'm just now finishing up this wrap-up post. If you follow this blog, you know that we like "quotes of the day," and we like numbers! To wrap it up, here are the last of the quotes and the numbers of the trip:
QUOTES OF THE DAY:
"Do you know that restaurant where we ate with Jakob and Kayleigh and Clara? That was so good, I loved it SO much. I really loved it." - Isaac
"Abraham's a princess!!!" - Matea
"A guy named Carl was really bad, and he found the caves, and that's why they named it Carl's Bad Caverns." - Isaac
"My bed is going to feel heavenly." - Samuel
Elijah: "There's no such thing as magic."
Isaac: "Yes, God can do magic."
Elijah: "Isaac!! Those are miracles, not magic!"
Isaac: "It's the same thing, Lije."
"They look like peanut butter and marshmallows." - Matea (of the cave formations) (she was hungry)
"Mom, you don't have to ask me if I want the happy way or the hard way. I always choose the happy way. Unless Matea is around, then sometimes she makes me choose the hard way." - Isaac
"This is the only place where it's a perfect day to play outside." - Isaac (while playing outside our first day home)
ELIJAH: "Dad, will you tell us a story about when you were little?"
ADAM: "Son, I'd love to, except I don't remember my childhood."
NUMBERS OF THE TRIP:
Days: 18
Miles: 5,000
States: 5
National Parks: 3
Amusement parks: 1
Neighborhood parks: 2
Average cost of RV campsite: $30
Showers taken inside the motorhome: 6
Snow chains purchased at the pass: 4
Snow chains actually needed to get through the pass: 0
Movies watched: 4
Books read: 6
Average gas mileage: 6.5
Number of hours Adam drove: about 90
Number of hours AR drove: about 3
Earliest wake up time: 4:30 a.m.
Latest wake up time: 7:30 a.m.
Number of hours to unpack and clean motorhome: 4 and counting
4 comments:
That is great! I love the quotes too, I think Adam's was my favorite. Glad are all sleeping in your own beds, but it sure was fun having you back in Oregon! :)
I LOVED this!! Sounds like you all had a great time of memory making.
I had to laugh about Disneyland because I love it and Jeff endures it.
Next time we are in the same state we have to meet up! :)
You are a MUCH better woman that I would be in that situation! We so enjoyed reading your trip highlights!
these quotes are classic! i love your family already. :)
ps we're going to end up pretty similar to y'all, minus the lab and spider. (technically we have a legion of arachnids, but they are unintentional pets.)
Post a Comment