Tomorrow morning we will wake up, spend a long morning with our precious kiddos, then board a plane to Houston, and then Dubai, and finally, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Emotions have run high these past several days. Adam has been out of town since Sunday. As I explained to him, everything is getting done and we will be ready to go tomorrow, but even so, I can't seem to take a chill pill and just relax. I feel like I'm wound up so tight that the smallest thing makes me snap, and I hate being that way. Samuel says he has felt the same way, and he and I have spend much of the past three days butting heads. I think he is as anxious to get to his baby brother as we are.
A few people have asked what we will be doing there, so here is a run down of our basic schedule, assuming everything goes as planned:
Wednesday afternoon: Leave Austin.
Thursday: Arrive in Dubai, spend the night there. Depart for Addis first thing in the morning.
Friday: Meet A, spend time in the care center getting to know him and the staff.
Saturday: Hang out in the care center.
Sunday - Monday: Overnight trip to Durame, the region where A's first family lives. We will get a taste of what life is like in that region, and Lord willing, we will speak with A's first dad while we are there.
Tuesday: Visa appointment at the US Embassy in Addis Ababa. After the appointment, we will take custody of A and be hotel-bound.
Wednesday: Hang out with A in the hotel. If we want to leave and do anything around town, we must leave him at the care center with the nannies.
Thursday: leave Addis for Dubai. Spend the night in Dubai that night.
Friday: leave Dubai for Houston, then arrive in Austin that evening. Probably cry my eyes out at the sight of my kids after 10 days apart.
We so desire your prayers for us in so many things. Rather than exhaust that list here, I would just ask that you pray for us in whatever way He leads. We can't do this without our God.
Tomorrow, as we leave Austin, I will be able to post the long awaited pictures of our little boy. Look for that scheduled post coming up.
4 comments:
Wow! We are so excited for you guys! We will be praying for you all, and all God has in store!
:) Bethany & Josh
Safe travels!
We're so excited for you all. We'll be praying for you and Adam, Samuel and A. Can't wait to see the pictures of the newest Zimel! We love you, safe travels!
Praying for you friend!!
Post a Comment