
Beach Bums...that is what we are. After a few weeks of having lots of activity, something planned (or unplanned!) almost every single night of September, we decided to take a weekend off and drive to the gulf coast for some downtime. We stayed in a cute little 2 bedroom condo in Port Aransas and had a glorious 48 hours of fun on the beach. I now believe that September must be the perfect month for a Port A visit...rates were cheap, and the weather was
perfect!
On the beach, the kids enjoyed jumping waves, riding their "boogie" boards, finding shells and hermit crabs, and building sandcastles.
We walked around the pier, where we climbed rocks and got to see several dolphins and turtles, jumping and swimming.

We stopped at the aquarium on our way home. The kids loved the dolphins, again. I attribute this to the fact that we own the very BEST dolphin documentary. I love it at least as much as the kids do. And not just because Sting does the soundtrack.
Ducks in a row.
Another favorite activity was feeding the seagulls off our balcony.
It was a great weekend filled with lots of family time! And Emma came down with us, so not only did we get to have fun hanging with her, but Adam and I got to go out on dates each night! What a perfect weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment