Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Two Knights and a Princess

My friend Carrie and I trade off watching each other's kids every week for a morning. It has been such a blessing, to both of us, and in more ways than one. I love getting a morning to myself, but I also truly love watching her girls when it's her turn to go out.



Yesterday, while Matea and Alyssa napped, the "big kids" played knights and princess. Isn't the look of thrill on Grace's face precious? She is so excited to be in her sparkly jewelry and her princess shoes. I love that.

I also love that the first version of the game involved casting Grace as the "bad guy" while Elijah and Isaac tried to arrest her and throw her in jail. I could tell she was uneasy about this scenario, so I suggested that maybe she was a good guy. "Grace," I asked, "are you a bad guy, or a good guy?" Her quick response was, "I'm a girl. I'm a good girl." That was when we decided she would be better suited as the princess of the story.


And here are the knights in shining armor. I don't think my boys will ever tire of this game. They love to be cast as the rescuers.


For their birthdays this year, we are going to Disneyland. Do you know what they have been talking about nonstop? Not the rides. Not the toys. Not the parade. PRINCESSES. Elijah and Isaac cannot stop deliberating about how exactly they are going to react to meeting all the princesses that live at Disney. They are thrilled.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: