Sunday, March 22, 2009
Super Sized Camping
You may be wondering, what is super sized camping? Well, it's the first thing that came to my mind when I recalled our weekend in Frost, Texas. We stayed at a lodge-type vacation cabin with some friends of ours, and it was a crazy, chaotic, action-packed experience that everyone loved. We had 5 families there with 17 children, and Samuel was the oldest by a full year. I think the median age must have been about 3. No bedrooms, no naptimes, no routine...it was marvelous mayhem for all involved. I kept thinking about that family out in the midwest with 17 children. Crazy! Anyway, we enjoyed the lake at the end of the property, and the kids got to do all kinds of things, from target practice with a bow and arrows to taking care of the animals and playing group soccer games. There was a rope swing and a hammock, dirt, bugs, and always lots of other kids around to play with. I think our kids would be just fine with communal living, if this weekend was any indication!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment