We just returned from a trip to Florida, and this year was special in more ways than one. To start things off, it was our first year driving rather than flying. Secondly, we got to meet the very first Kampfe boy, Malachi, and introduce Matea, who is of course the very first Zimel girl. It seems we live rather parallel, though opposite, lives with our dear friends Marcus and Christin. For our three boys and a girl, they have three girls and a boy (now does that sound like the provision of God, or what?). No, seriously, I'm really OK with God's plan for their lives and future mates (or who knows, maybe future singleness). I know I'm not alone in this. Every parent has those friends with whom they'd love to arrange their children's marriages, right?
Not to be outdone by his brother, Elijah became the Master of the Boogie Board this trip. He also is a huge fan of being at the beach, although he's not quite as obsessed with being at the beach as Samuel.
Anyone who knows Isaac knows that this boy has strong opinions about what he likes and what he doesn't,
This is a shot of Samuel skimboarding. I loved how he, who usually is pretty camera-shy, actually asked for me to take this picture of him in action.
Adam and I agree that our annual family Florida trip is one of the most enjoyable things we do all year. It's so refreshing to be by the ocean after spending all year landlocked in central Texas, and even more enjoyable than that is spending time and building relationships with our Floridian family.

No comments:
Post a Comment