Thursday, November 06, 2008

All About Samuel

Samuel - 8 years, 6 months

loving the song, "undignified," by david crowder band


<---having his own time with God some days

rockin' Madden '08 on the wii

he's sam bam the touchdown man


and sam bam the breakfast man

he's learning and memorizing and learning and memorizing

is always forgetting to turn in his homework

i'm blown away by what his brain retains sometimes

(but can't remember that homework!)

he's got the first twelve verses of proverbs 3 down

and 70 phonograms, perfectly



40 events on a history timeline

dozens of jingles about grammar and spelling rules

and working on robert frost's "the road not taken"

handwriting on the sloppy side

ok, just plain old sloppy

has the heart of a servant

is slightly obsessed with "smelling good" right now

wants to shower every night and wear deodorant

wonders how it is that women always smell so good

prays to his "Father God" that He will open his heart and mind each day

and that his hands and feet will be used in a mighty way

And in his own words:
My favorite foods are: pizza, ice cream, cotton candy, Samuel's M.B.T.
Right now I like listening to this music: MC Hammer, rap and rock.

When I grow up I want to be a: football player. And I also want to be in the army.
In my free time, I love to: play with my Legos.

Being the oldest brother is: Fun sometimes, and not fun sometimes.

These are some things I'm good at: Football, wii, Madden '08.
These are some things I'd like to be better at:


( <---- that's grammar)
(and if you're any good with grammar, you'll notice his trouble distinguishing between adverbs and adverbial prepositional phrases)

No comments: