This is the second part of Matea's 3-Month-Old post. We took some video last night; the problem is that I can't figure out how to flip it around. So if you play this clip, you'll have to turn your head sideways. :)
Some things about Matea...Matea is a pretty easy baby. She likes to be held, but she's also OK with sitting aside and watching sometimes too. She does best when the noise is loud and the energy is high. She sleeps all night, as has since the first month of her life. She loves baths, loves to be naked. Sometimes she gets herself so worked up that she snorts between cries. When that happens, nothing can soothe her.
She loves to be held in the sling. I don't know if I hold her in it because she loves it or if she loves it because I always hold her in it.
I am still getting used to her wardrobe. Getting her dressed is half-exciting and half-intimidating. Sometimes it's so fun to pick out a dress and put on those cute little bloomers and choose a matching hair bow. But I'm not a natural at coordinating outfits, and many days I just throw on one of the boys' old blue onesies and call it good! Those are the days that I get comments like, "Wow, you have 4 boys!" No, I only have 3 boys, I'm just lazy. And she doesn't know the difference yet.
But yet, she is different. Her sounds are so feminine. She sighs and squeals and screams in such a girlie way. She could stare at a face forever. She loves to "talk" to Adam late at night when I wake her up to nurse before I go to bed. I tease him and say that it's just the beginning of the many deep father-daughter conversations to come. I love getting "hit" with another realization of one more new thing she'll do someday that I never imagined I'd be doing. Like, one day, she'll get her ears pierced. And we'll probably go get pedicures together sometime. There are some things close to my heart that I can pass on to her that I would never have had the opportunity to teach to the boys. Like teaching her all about her cycle, and about pregnancy and the miracle of childbirth. Health and herbs and cooking and nursing babies...Matea truly has opened up a new world for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment